The active component of the drug is tetracycline hydrochloride. The medicine in tablets contains the following additional components: sucrose, talc, potato starch, calcium stearate, gelatin. Shell includes: hypromellose, polysorbate, Vaseline oilacid red 2C.
In addition to the active component, tetracycline eye ointment contains sodium sulfide pyro, anhydrous lanolin, petroleum jelly, ceresin, paraffin.
Round biconvex tablets Tetracycline in a film shell are available. The hue of the core is yellow; two layers can be seen in the cross section. In addition, in pharmacies you can buy ointment and powder in ampoules.
Tetracycline - antibioticwhich relates to antimicrobialmedicines intended for systemic use.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
According to the classification, this drug is included in tetracycline antibiotics. He is active in relation to many gram-positive microbes: Clostridium spp., Staphylococcus spp., Listeria spp., Streptococcus pneumoniae, Bacillus anthracis, Actinomyces israelii. In addition, this tool can be used against many gram-negative microorganisms: Haemophilus ducreyi, Salmonella spp., Acinetobacter spp., Yersinia pestis, Haemophilus influenzae, Bartonella bacilliformis, Borrelia burgdorferi, Enterobacter spp., Bordetella pertussis, Klebsiella spp., Vibrio fetis fras. ., Escherichia coli, Brucella spp.
The medicine is also active for Chlamydia psittaci, Treponema spp., Calymmatobacterium granulomatis, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
The degree of absorption of the drug when taken on an empty stomach is 75-77%, if used with food absorption decreases. With squirrels plasma the active substance binds to 55-65%. At oralthe maximum plasma concentration is observed after 2-3 hours. It gradually decreases over 8 hours.
Once in the body, the active substance accumulates in the liver, lungs, kidneys, as well as in organs that differ in developed reticuloendothelial system. The content in bile is approximately 5-10 times greater than in blood serum. Tetracycline hydrochloride also accumulates in bone tissue, dentin, tissues tumorsenamels of milk teeth. Penetrates through placental barrier and in milk at lactation.
The half-life is 6-11 hours. 20-50% of the drug is excreted through the intestines.
Indications for use
Indications for use of this drug are as follows:
- pneumonia, tracheitis, bronchitis, empyema;
- purulent infections soft tissue;
- whooping cough;
- conjunctivitis, blepharitis;
- furunculosis, acne, infected eczema, folliculitis;
- intestinal infections;
- syphilis, gonorrhea;
- tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis.
Of these diseases, ointment for the eyes is used, and for the treatment of serious infectious diseases - pills. From which the ointment can be used in each individual case, it is advisable to consult a doctor. It is often prescribed instead of eye drops.
As for tablets Tetracycline (from what and in what dose to use), it is also better to consult a specialist. In some cases, it is prescribed, for example, with sore throat. In addition, experts sometimes recommend the use of tetracycline for acne.
Contraindications are as follows:
- age up to 8 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- kidney / liver dysfunction.
Possible adverse reactions:
- digestive organs: dysphagiaHypersensitivity of the papillae of the tongue, dulling of hunger diarrhea, glossitis, gastritis, hepatotoxic effect, pancreatitis, enterocolitisvomiting nausea esophagitis, gastric and duodenal ulcersactivity increase liver transaminase, dysbiosis;
- hematopoietic organs: hemolytic anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia;
- allergyand immunopathological reactions: hyperemiaskin Quincke's edema, maculopapular rash, systemic lupus erythematosus, anaphylactoid reactions, photosensitization;
- CNS: headacheraising Treble pressure, dizziness;
- urinary system: azotemia, hypercreatininemia;
- other: superinfection, hypovitaminosis B, enamel color change in deciduous teeth, candidiasis, stomatitis.
Instructions for use of tetracycline (method and dosage)
For those who have been prescribed tetracycline ointment, the instructions for use report that the medicine must be used externally. It is applied in a small amount to the affected areas 1-2 times daily.
For oral administration, tetracycline tablets are prescribed, the instructions for use report that it is advisable to drink them with liquid. Two application schemes are possible:
- 0.25-0.5 g 4 times / day;
- 0.5-1 g every 12 hours.
Do not take more than 2 g of medication per day. For children from the age of 8 years, two patterns of application are also possible:
- 6.25-12.5 mg / kg every 6 hours;
- 12.5-25 mg / kg every 12 hours.
Instructions for the use of tetracycline for acne indicates that the dosage should be approximately 0.5-2.0 g per day in divided doses. When the condition improves (usually after 21 days), the dose is gradually reduced to 0.125-1 g. Then the drug is preferably used after a day. When using the ointment, it is applied in a thin layer exactly on the inflamed areas 2 times daily. The course of use is 3-14 days.
At brucellosis tetracycline hydrochloride consume 0.5 g every 6 hours. The course is designed for 3 weeks, while the first week intramuscular injections of streptomycin in a dosage of 1 g every 12 hours and once a day during the second week of therapy.
When uncomplicated gonorrhea the initial single dosage is 1.5 g. After this, you need to take 0.5 g every 4 days every 6 hours. The total dose is 9 g.
At syphilisyou need to take 0.5 g every 6 hours. At the early stage of the disease, the medicine is taken for 15 days, in the late stage - for a month.
In case of uncomplicated urethral, rectaland endocervical infectionsthat are provoked by Chlamydia trachomatis, you need to take 0.5 g per day 4 times. Therapy is designed for at least a week.
In case of an overdose, adverse reactions may intensify. Treatment depends on the symptoms.
The degree of absorption of the drug decreases when taken antacidswhich include aluminum, calcium and magnesium, as well as medicines with iron and cholestyramine.
The use of the drug also reduces the effect of bactericidal antibioticsinterfering with the synthesis of the cell wall.
Combination with Chymotrypsin leads to an increase in the active substance of Tetracycline and the duration of circulation.
The drug reduces the effect estrogen-containing contraceptives for oral administration and increases the likelihood of bleeding "breakthrough". In conjunction with Retinol increased risk of increasing intracranial pressure.
Terms of sale
The drug is sold in the pharmacy network with a prescription.
Optimum storage temperature not higher than 20 ° C. The medicine should be protected from small children.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:Oxytetracycline
The following drugs are known that are indicated as analogues of tetracycline:
- ointment Tetracycline Akos;
- pills Tetracycline Lect.
In recipes in Latin, you can see that all drugs have the same active substance. However, why ointment Tetracycline Akos and other analogues can be used in each case, it is better to consult a doctor.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
This tool is contraindicated in pregnancy. Passing through the placenta tetracyclinesaccumulate in the bones and tooth buds of the developing fetus. They are capable of breaking mineralizationand cause severe bone abnormalities.
The medicine can not be used not only with pregnancybut also lactation. It is able to penetrate into breast milk and adversely affect the condition of the bones and teeth of the baby, provoke reactions photosensitization, as well as oral candidiasis and vagina.
Reviews about Tetracycline
Reviews of tablets and ointments Tetracycline are mostly positive. The medicine can be used in many cases, so it is often recommended by specialists. Patients especially like the fact that acne tetracycline tablets and ointment act quickly and are inexpensive. There are practically no reports of side effects. So in general, reviews of Tetracycline characterize it as an effective and economical remedy for various diseases.
Tetracycline price, where to buy
The price of tetracycline in tablets is about 80 rubles. This is the most expensive dosage form of this drug. The price of the tetracycline ointment is about 40 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Tetracycline tablets po 100mg No. 20 Biochemist Biochemist OJSC 28 rubles order
- Tetracycline ointment 3% 15g Biosynthesis PAO Biosynthesis 84 rub.
- Tetracycline tablets po 100mg No. 20 Belmedpreparat RUUP Belmedpreparaty38 rub.order
- Tetracycline ointment (tube 1% 3g (hl.)) 46 rub.order
- Tetracycline ointment (tube 1% 5g (hl)) 58 rub.order
- Tetracycline (tab.100mg No. 20) 32 rub.order
- Tetracycline-LekT (tab.100mg No. 20) 34 rub.order
- Tetracycline + nystatin (tablet 100mg + 22.2mg No. 10) 66 rub.
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Tetracycline eye ointment 1% 3 g Tatkhimpharmaceuticals OJSC45 rub.order
- Tetracycline ophthalmic ointment 1% 5 g Tatkhimpharmpreparat OAO 65 rub.order
- Tetracycline 100 mg n20 tabletTyumen HFZ - Russia60 rub.order
- Tetracycline hydrochloride 0.1g No. 20 tablets PAT NEC "Borshchagivsky Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant", metro Kyiv, Ukraine15 UAH order
- Tetracycline ointment 3% 15 g BAT "Nizhpharm", metro Nizhny Novgorod, Rosіyska Federatsiya52 UAH order
- Tetracycline 0.1g No. 20 tablets of PAT "Vitamini" Ukraine 12 UAH order
- TETRATSIKLIN tablets Tetracycline tablets, coated 0.1g №20 Ukraine, Vitamins PAO 16 UAH order
- TETRATSIKLIN ointment Tetracycline ointment 3% 15g Russia, Nizhpharm 60 UAH order
- Oxytetracycline ointment 1% 30g Ukraine, Ukrzoovetprompostach vet. 24 UAH order
- Tetracycline 3% 15 g ointment in a tube Biosynthesis (Russia) 140 tg.
- Tetracycline 1% 3 g ointment eye.Arpimed LLC (Armenia) 490 tg.order
- Tetracycline-AKOS 3% 15 g ointment in a tubeSynthesis OJSC (Russia) 140 tg.order
- Tetracycline 100 mg No. 20 tablets of biosynthesis (Russia) 160 tg.
- Tetracycline 1% 3 g eye ointment Tatkhimpharmpreparaty (Russia) 490 tg.order